Private Caravan Program
The Private Caravan Program allows Pedal The Plains (PTP) participants to receive personalized support from friends and family who wish to share the experience of Colorado’s greatest cycling tour with their participating riders.
PTP welcomes private caravan vehicles and has created this program to accommodate their needs with our Private Caravan Program. The program provides guaranteed parking for support vehicles near HQ Sites, a luxury on a tour where space is at a premium. The nearby parking allows easier access to your riders and the ability to enjoy all of the PTP entertainment at the host communities each night.
To help manage the number of private caravan vehicles, both on the route and in the host communities, each vehicle supporting a rider will be required to purchase a Private Caravan Pass. The decal will allow you access to designated parking areas near the headquarter site in each host community as well as the Private Feed Zones along the route where pass holders can refuel their riders. Decals will need to be applied to your vehicle before arriving on registration day and remain on your vehicle the duration of the tour.
This program applies to all vehicles (RV, truck, truck with trailer, van or car) that are supporting a rider.
Important considerations to note about the Private Caravan Program:
- Vehicle passes are limited – if you do not purchase the pass you will not be guaranteed parking at or near the headquarter site.
- Private caravan vehicle parking will be as close to the rider venues as possible – The private caravan vehicle area is not an RV park – hook-ups (water, electricity and dumping stations) are not provided or available.
- Drivers should arrive at destination town headquarter site between 10 a.m. – 5 p.m. (with the exception of the event start date on June 14). Please plan your travel time accordingly.
Quiet Hours – When possible, we try and locate vehicles that have generators separately from those without. In addition, ALL private caravan vehicles will observe quiet hours (absolutely no generators) from 10 p.m. to 5 a.m. every day.
Vehicle Registration Fee
A registration fee of $125 is required for each Private Support Vehicle. The fee includes:
- Private Feed Zones along the route that allow Private Caravan pass holders and their riders to have a safe rest stop to fuel up – when able. There are many narrow roads on this year’s route. Cyclist safety first.
- Access to the services provided at the overnight site including showers, restrooms, beer garden, daily entertainment, other food vendors, bike mechanics and medical tent
- Designated parking area at or near the Headquarter Site
- Identified area for participant gear drop off providing easy access to setting up camp for your rider
- PTP merchandise coupon for 10% off total purchase; coupon may only be redeemed during the event ( June 9 – 15) at the official merchandise tent; one per pass
- Information Packets